UNDER 14's

Next Training Session:
  • Training is at Westfield School 7.30pm Thursdays
Games Schedule 

ALL Above details are subject to confirmation. Check with Lol Thomas

News / Match Report

16/5/04 Chorleywood 6 Aside - Team Sportsman Award


Chorleywood 3 NWR 0

NWR 0 Croxley 0

St Albans Rgs 1 NWR 2

St Albans Sth 1 NWR 0


After a slow start with Chorleywood running away with the first game, Nascot stood firm in the second game to gain their first point. Then coming back from being 1-0 down, an inspired performance from Jamie Cooper striking 2 goals from midfield lead his team mates to victory. Another sluggish start saw them trail again and they could not recover even with the best of team performances.


Notable displays came from Alex Combridge, mentioned by the referee as player of the game, brilliant stops from Martin Richardson, neat pass from Alex Johnson for the first goal were among the highlights. Very strong performances from Tom Martin, busy as ever and the ever present Stephen Pitch held the squad together. Ridwan was alone up front too often but made a nuisance of himself with the defences.


Rangers again demonstrated the Nascot Wood Rangers spirit and won the Team Sportsman Award. Congratulations to all the players, well done.




25/4/04 NWR 0 Bovingdon 1


An even match throughout, Nascot fell behind to an unusual mix up at the back and the striker crept through to score.


Nascot had played their part in a superb match and came close with efforts from Michael Barrett, Ridwan, Carl Heard, Sam Cook, Alex Combridge and Stephen Pitch. Stephens effort saved off the line. A let off for Bovingdon but one which was earlier going the other way when Jamie Cooper somehow managed to scrape a dead cert goal bound shot away.


Things needed heating up and with the introduction of a gloved Sam Colbeck (IT WAS 21 Degrees)!!!!, Rangers player better football. Tom Martin was a thorn in their side on the right and the battling of Captain Johnson left no blade of grass uncovered. Long throws from Alex Combridge caused them concern and the terrier like performance of Adnan Ahmed showed how much he has improved this season.


Michael Williams always dominated the backline until being withdrawn because of a neck injury. Michael Barrett had a good game holding up the ball in the first half and Ridwan almost broke through to score twice.


Martin again solid in goal pulling off several good stops. Jamie Cooper caught the eye throughout the match always winning the 50-50, backed up by Carl Heard on the right.


It was another bridesmaid performance and one which sees Nascot drop into trouble in the league. With the effort shown in the last two weeks, can Nascot be too good to go down?




15/4/04 NWR 0 Moor Pk 3 / Moor Park 0 NWR 1

Tom Martin


The first game saw Nascot fall behind within 2 minutes, then holding out for the remainder of the match before eventually losing by 3 goals.


The best moment of the game came when Michael Barratt turned on the edge of the box released a good shot into the top corner, only for the Park keeper to pull off a great save. Jamie Cooper was busy in defence and played a blinder! Ridwan came off injured after a few flying runs at the defence.


The second game was a different issue and Nascot flew at them from the off. Robert West moved up into midfield and along with Alex Johnson bossed the midfield. Both produced killer passes through from midfield to attack. Carl Heard and Sam Cook added venom up front casing down every loose scrap and Alex Combridge added some much needed muscle. Tom Martin added the pace and produced the winner from the edge of the box.


Martin Richardson produced two point blank saves to keep the team in the match and Tony Delaney was solid in front of him. Adnan added some bite to the attack in the first half but it was the introduction of Sam and Carl that pushed Rangers onto the win.


Phil Thomas was safe at the back and along with Stephen Pitch and Jamie Cooper they held up well. It took a good workmanlike performance from Tom to create the chance and place the ball into the top left corner, two minutes from the end. Rangers went into overdrive and with support from Michale Barret, Ridwan and Jamie on the bench, the team drove onto success.


A fantastic win, summed up by the disappointment from the Moor Park players and the elation showed by the Rangers players and supporters. Great win, well done.


28/3/04 Chiltern Utd 3 NWR 0 / NWR 1 Chiltern Utd 2  

Alex Johnson


Yet again Rangers were unfortunate to go down to opposition who they met their match with. An own goal set Chiltern on their way in the first game but it was the stunning performance by one of the smallest players that set Rangers alight. Adnan Ahmed was pitched against the tallest defender and terrorised him for 20 minutes. Like his brother in and earlier match, he punched above his weight to make life hard for the opposition. He even came close when a scrambled ball broke loose. The keeper double saved and the final shot went wide.


Further shots from Robert West, Carl Heard and Michael Barrett all went close with Michael Williams free kick curling away from the goal. Ridwan Koodruth worked hard. Alex Combridge worked hard in midfield and later on the flanks.


Tom Martin made the right flank his own when the balls over the top set him off and chasing. Alex Johnson' took the only Rangers goal of the game from the box blasting a half volley home. Phil Thomas performed well at the back along with Jamie Cooper. Sam Cook always a handful up front.


Unfortunately the game was marred by the carrying off of Michael Barrett who bravely went for a 50-50 challenge with a player 'slightly' larger than himself and took a nasty knock for his efforts. (He is OK but carries a nasty reminder of the tackle)!


Sam Colbeck was ever busy in midfield alongside Alex Johnson. Stephen Pitch staring in midfield later to shore up in defence.


Unfortunate to get nothing from an evenly matched double header, Chiltern scoring the winner in the second game in the last minute, after Rangers had dominated play in the Chiltern half.



21/3/04 NWR 1 Berkhamsted Raiders Blue 3


Oh what a shame! Nil Nil with 10 minutes to go and with every chance of snatching a winner, Berko crashed in a shot from 30 yards. Martin had no chance as it nestled in the top corner. 3 minutes later they repeated the act and Rangers were buried.


However the spirit and determination of this team is growing and they battled back into the game with a great goal from Sam Cook. Good performances were too many to mention in detail but Robert West stood out and was nominated for the Club Performance of the Week for his efforts.


No player let the team down this week and only 2 long range efforts settled the match at a time when Berko were rattled by the determination of the Rangers players.


Martin Never put a foot wrong, safe all the way through. No chance with any of the goals

Big Michael Went off injured after winning many headers

Phil - 110% tackling

Robert - Supreme performance

Jamie - Safe

Adnan - Had a rare appearance up front in 2nd half and got a shot just wide

Alex C - Strong, good tackling. Excellent long throws

Alex J - Battled well, nice touches

Stephen - Neat display, played good passes through

Tony - Solid

Tom - Fast and worried defenders constantly

Sam Colbeck - Battled hard when Captains armband found its way to his arm (Dodgy injury earlier)!!!

Sam Cook - Goal and never give up chasing down

Michael Barret - Worked hard

Ridwan - Made a game of it in second half




7/3/04 NWR 0 Sun Postal 3


A stunning display from Man of the Match Martin Richardson in goal kept his team mates within a shout of clawing back an unfortunate start. Two heavily deflected goals in the first half saw a brave battling Nascot team come in at half time with nothing to show for their efforts. Working up front on his own Sam performance admirably supported in the anchor role by Alex Johnson. Carl Heard, Jamie Cooper and Robert West also caught the eye in the first half. A late third struck a body blow to the battlers.


The Second half performance from Rangers was their best this season. Playing uphill against a strong Division leading team they challenged for every ball. The introduction of Stephen and later reintroduction of Tom added some grit to the team. Supported by the very busy Sam Colbeck and the determination of Phil to win every tackle, Rangers held their own. Ridwan added fresh legs after Sam run himself into the ground. Tony Delaney mixed it up with former Rangers player John Renders and released Stephen on the left supported by Sam Colbeck. Stephen's shot going painfully close to the top left angle.


Big Michael dominated the back line and really started to use his height well, winning headers at will. But it was between the sticks that our hero shone, pulling off save after save and catching the ball with superglue gloves! We cannot remember many better debuts for Rangers and from this all round strong team performance, the remainder of the season looks a little less daunting and we can battle with the best.



22/4/04 NWR 2 Cassiobury 4


A well taken goal by Ridwan Koodruth and a long range effort from Robert West were just not enough to hold off Cassiobury, who went ahead twice only for Rangers to equalise. In a game where Rangers dominated possession; under strength Cassiobury struck twice on the break in the final minutes to wrap up the points. Michael Barrett's flicked on header to Ridwan for his goal and the all round performance of Robert West were the highlights of the Nascot team and special mention to Phil Thomas for his never give up attitude, leading his team mates onwards throughout the game.


18/1/03 Berkhamsted 5 NWR 1


Carl Heard scores his first for Rangers and his team struggled to hold a very big and strong Berkhamsted team. Big Michael almost scored an own goal in a game that was harsh on a battling Nascot team


30/11/03 NWR 0 St Albans City South 5


This result was undeserved on a goalkeeper who made 5 absolutely stunning saves whilst Nascot were still in with a shout. Nil Nil at half time and with it all the play for, a slack piece of marking let SACS in and from there onwards, downhill, they tore on.


Man of the match Carl Heard made several point blank saves that were applauded by both home and away fans. Jamie Cooper also played well and was pipped to the runners up spot by Phil Thomas's defensive master class display. Captain Johnson worked hard in the first half and with Stephen Pitch joining the fray later on Rangers showed they could play too. Too late to make an impact but positive for the next game.

An unwell Sam Colbeck meant a rest part way through and Luke Toms came to life 20 minutes from the end, battling and tackling. 

Ridwan ploughed a furrow up front and Michael Barrett worked hard to try to carve out some chances, but Rangers were beaten by the better team. Holding on for 40 minutes a good draw was on the cards. Again Rangers started too late and if they battled like they did in the last ten minutes the game would have been wrapped up earlier; by the losers.



16/11/03 Weathamstead 11 NWR 1 County Cup R3

MOM: Adnan Ahmed
Scorer. Sam Colbeck


Having had no preseason friendlies and starting the campaign with mainly new players, he shape of the team is still coming together. New players are still bedding in and its not settled yet. Today's game was unwelcome at a time when the league needs more attention than playing a Premier Division Team in R3 of the County Cup. Having dropped well behind in the competitive stakes in the first half, Nascot found themselves six down at half time.


"What a difference a half time talk makes"


Going out in the second half and playing for pride, the team changed things around and battled every ball. Tom Martin put pressure on in midfield and John Renders started turning the defence. Phil Thomas battled in vain in the heart of the defence and was joined by Alex Johnson to shore up the back, saving off the line. Alex Combridge had a quiet game, but when needed popped up in advance positions well and his strength was difficult for the Wanderers to handle. Ridwan Koodruth came on up front and started to make a real pest of himself and eventually rattled the back line enough for them to start arguing with each other.


At the other end the unorthodox goalkeeping style of Carl Heard kept his team in with a shout many a time, with good saves using his feet. In front of him Man of the Match Adnan Ahmed was fantastic and even though his height never matched his opponent it never stopped him challenging. On the other flank Jamie Coopers speed was called upon to stem the attacks and he saved a certain goal with several well timed tackles. Sam Colbeck played a good half and it was a custom chipped shot that cannoned off the bar and over the line to gain Rangers only strike of the game. Tony Delaney always gave his best and Stephen Pitch limped off injured after only a few minutes after showing some nice touches


Although Nascot held for a long period of the second half the premier team pushed on and eventually the goals came.


Not to be too disheartened, Nascot Wood can now focus on matters closer to home. They need to regroup and focus on the passing game and positional play, they have spent so much time developing in training. 



9/11/03 NWRFC v Herons   1-3 
MOM: Carl Heard.
Scorer. Ridwan Koodruth.

This was our poorest performance this season and even without a couple of missing players we had enough quality out there to perform better than we did. The first half was controlled easily enough by Herons and they deservedly went into a 1-0 lead.  Herons were first to most balls and also any loose balls they seemed to pick up. We again had high energy levels but unfortunately we were wasting it by just chasing. Sam Colbeck and Stephen Pich tried to get us on the ball a little more but we just wasn't working as a team. We did have to change positions around as both John Renders and Jamie Cooper both suffered injuries and this contributed to the way we played. On a more positive note Carl Heard looked solid in goal and Phil Thomas again looked secure in the centre. We finished the half 1-0 down.
The start of the second half showed a slight improvement but we were still too slow to the ball and given the space we gave Herons it was no surprise they started to play with a bit of style. Ridwan Koodruth came on as a sub and had to play in the unfamiliar position of  striker. His speed and good closing down play had some effect and we slowly started to share the play. Carl Heard continued with his fine performance with two class saves in the second half and his handling was assured and kicking good. Unfortunately we conceded two sloppy goals in two minutes which left us 3-0 down with about 15 minutes left.  It was at this point that we started to play better as we competed earlier and looked to pass instead of hoofing the ball. Ridwan received the ball on the left hand side of the box and after beating one player he shot past the keeper and into the far corner of the net. Herons were under pressure after the goal and we forced a few corners and tried to build attacks. We had left ourselves with too big a mountain to climb. Carl Heard was deservedly man of the match and was not at fault for the goals. The difference between last week and this week was enormous and I hope it was that too many players had off days.
That is to take nothing away from Herons who deserved their victory and tried to play good football throughout. I look forward to an improvement at training and next Sunday.

Lee Arnold


2/11/03 Bovingdon 2 NWR 3

Alex Combridge, Tom Martin (2)


A game of 2 Halves!


Nascot did not start until the second half and then dominated the game like no other they have played this season.


The first half was scrappy for both teams but after going ahead midway through, Bovingdon pushed home the advantage by scoring a second. Only a few notable moments to mention; Robert West driving forward let go two  long range efforts that both drifted just above the bar. Other than that Jamie Cooper put in the best performance shutting out the majority of the long range passes from Bovvies defence.


The second half was an entirely different matter. Rangers were on fire and after two minutes of the restart Alex Combridge drilled in a low shot from the edge of the right flank that ploughed through the defense and nestled nicely in the far corner. With their tails in the air and lead by Michael Barrett and John Renders the attacks became relentless and 2 minutes later Nasacot Wood had equalised. A superb movement started by the busy Sam Colbeck and slotted through by Michael Barrett saw Man of the match Tom Martin appear on the edge of the box to slot home.


Relentless attacking saw Adnan Ahmed streaming forward on two or three occasions outflanking the midfield and strikers. The ever busy midfield of Sam Colbeck and Tom Martin set up several chances and both Michael Barrett and John Renders were unlucky to miss out on the scoresheet. As much as was going forward the defensive line up held well and few attacks were let through. Robert and Phillip Thomas proving their metal.


Roaming up the flanks Alex Combidge on the right improves weekly and for the second week running Tony Delaney's well executed shot from outside the box was brilliantly tipped onto the bar by the Bovvie keeper.


It fell to Tom to strike the deserved winner when he had battled so hard to cut out the chance his shot was unstopppable.


Nascots second half domination was summed up by Alex Johnson's (in goal) only two touches being goal kicks. His first half clearances from corners being his best contribution to keep Nascot's noses in the game.


Keeping their shape and striking forward, Rangers second half performance was much better than the first. A well deserved three points away from home.



1/11/03 Watford Observer Penalty Shoot Out / NWR 5 Sun Postal 3


Hi Five sink Sun Postal


NWR 1. Robert West = Cooley put over the keeper

SP 1. Saved by Keeper Alex Johnson

NWR 2. Sam Colbeck = In off the right post

SP 2 .Score In off the cross bar

NWR 3. Phillip Thomas = Brilliantly into the corner

SP 3. Just under the keeper

NWR 4. Tony Delaney = Brilliant into the top corner. Keeper no chance

SP 4 Score. 

NWR 5 Alex Combridge = No run up & a Master Blaster for FIVE

SP 5 Saved by Alex Johnson

(Adnan Ahmed, Tom Martin not used)


Nascot Wood go through to the next round as the only Club this season to score all five goals. Brilliant saves and calm superbly taken penalties. 


Well done from all at the Club and from the 50 supporters from NWR at the game

26/10/03 Cassiobury Rangers 1 NWR 1


Devastated by 4 injuries and 2 players away, Rangers took to the field with only 10 players. Those 10 played their hearts out and everyone was proud of the performance on display. It was hard to see which side would break the deadlock and Rangers 10 men challenged for every ball eventually wining through the determination in the midfield 3 of Stephen Pitch, Alex Combridge and Tony Delaney.  It was Stephens in swinging free kick from the left that evaded the defence and flat footed the keeper, putting Nascot into the lead.


They defended with a passion and no ball was left unchallenged. Robert West and Phillip Thomas continually breaking down the ball's through the middle with Jamie Cooper having his work cut out on the right. Adnan Ahmed again played a good strong game on the left against a tricky right winger.


Up front John Renders put in his best performance this season, chasing up and down the field to support the midfield and assist up front. Michael Barrett held up play well, awaiting support form the under strength Rangers. Alex Johnson (in goal) had to wait 20 minutes for his first touch, given Rangers domination with only 10 men.


The second half saw Cassiobury come back into the match and as Rangers tired they pressed home the extra advantage. It took 2 brilliant diving saves from Alex Johnson to keep Rangers in the game. At the other end John and Michael were making trouble for themselves supported by the ever present Alex Combridge who put in his best performance in a Nascot shirt working up and down the right flank and tormenting the left back. 


Rangers almost wrapped up the match when a brilliant move saw Michael through on goal but his shot was wide. John also broke through but his shot was well saved. It took another great move involving Stephen, Michael and John to set up Tony Delaney on the edge of the box, only for his shot to hit the bar.


A commanding performance from Robert West who in the last few minutes created another chance for Nascot to score. However, in the end the tiredness crept in and 2 minutes before the final whistle Cassiobury equalised when a shot was again well saved by Alex Johnson but Cassiobury were quicker to pounce.


A very brave performance and one to take heart into next weeks clash with Bovingdon.



Sunday 12/10/03 Home NWR 0 Comets 2

Man of the match - Adnan Ahmed


Rangers lost out to 2 bouncers in the first half both of which were headed on for a goal. Disappointing was the best description of the first half but Rangers discovered themselves in the 2nd. The only memorable moment in the first half  was a volleyed shot from Jamie Cooper when a home corner was cleared and he struck just wide.


Being 2 down at home and heading up hill the team picked up and with the smallest player on the pitch (AA) putting in sliding tackles, good passes and attacked the flanks, 


Rangers woke up. Alex Combidge single handedly pushed the game back towards the Comets goal chasing down an attack and then pushing back play to the 18 yd line.


The passing improved, Nascot attacked the ball and even with some tactical changes started to threaten a so far unchallenged Comets defence. Tom Martin again lead the threats with determined running and tackling. Michael Barrett held up play well and John Renders started to use his pace and height. The introduction of Robert West gave the team creativity and some backbone. Alex Johnson battled well in the middle, passing well to the flanks and Stephen Pitch moved out to the left flank and really challenged the right back. 


It was from Stephens determined run that he earned a penalty when brought down in full flight. Unfortunately Michael Barrett was unable to convert and the chance went missing. Phil Thomas got his head onto more balls and Big Michael started winning the headers from goal  kicks.


All this and Rangers could not break through. Comets still plugged away and hit the outside of the post, allowing Nascot to stay in with a chance. Further shots from Stephen and Tom failed to hit the target but Rangers had their tails in the air. Unfortunately it was too late. If only they could play as well in the first half, they would not need to chase the game!



Sunday 5th October Away St Albans City 2 NWR 1

Alex Combridge 20'

Man of the match - Tom Martin


Man of the match Tom Martin hit the post and the cross bar and this proved to be the difference between a narrow win and a loss in a closely fought game. The slope and wind played their part and Nascot did not capitalize in the first half when they had both in their favor and enough breaks to seal a strong half time lead. 

Tom Martin's strike in the first ten minutes beat the defense and the keeper only to skim the post and fall to a City player. Strong and commanding; Phillip Thomas played exceptionally, partnered by the returning and graceful Robert West. Stephen Pitch made his Rangers debut in midfield alongside Captain Alex Johnson and their partnership delivered a workmanlike performance. It was from Stephen's cross that the ball broke out to the marauding Alex Combridge and his blasted shot was never going to be stopped. This lifted Alex and the team and he displayed one of his best Rangers performances in the remaining 25 minutes of the first half. 

Alex Johnson showed a cool piece of passing to set Tom away several times down the right and John Renders up front was busy in his hold up play and shots. 

Reliable as ever, Adnan Ahmed and Jamie Cooper kept the rear flanks defended and in goal Carl Heard made two fantastic point blank saves to keep Nascot's noses in front at half time. Beaten twice; Rangers had Adnan to thank when he twice cleared of the line, once with his head and the other on the ground.


In the second half the long ball down hill with the wind was commonplace and Rangers defended in numbers. Big Michael was introduced (for the injured Robert) and with Michael Barrett holding play up in front, the signs were that Nascot could hold on for the win. Ridwan was introduced for his first Rangers appearance and played well. 


Hard working Tom Martin was given a chance to effectively wrap it up but his one on one with the keeper was saved. The ball breaking loose his looping shot painfully slid across the top of the cross bar after a finger tip save from the keeper. Invigorated City ploughed forward and on 55' scored the equaliser.


Tough going at the back; the defenders held well with the Rangers strikers playing to hold onto possession. In the midfield hard work was the order of the day and with only a minute left to play, a long ball carried by the wind beat the defence and City scored the winner. Unlucky for Carl having kept all other efforts at bay.


Nascot performances improve and the team can be satisfied with their performance but disappointed by the result. 5 players could have walked off with the man of the match award which shows the improvements across all areas, the team is making.



Weds 17th Sept St Albans 3 NWR 2 

Sam Colbeck, Tom Martin


Rangers battled back to almost snatch a draw attacking to the final whistle. Being 3-0 down at half time did not reflect the efforts put into the game from Nascot. However, they were second to the ball and fighting uphill into the low sun.


Jamie Cooper and Carl Heard shone on the right with Phil Thomas tackling bravely alongside Big Michael who in defense put in a spirited performance. 


In the second half the battle and fight in the team increased with good performances from Tom Martin, Adnan Ahmed and a never give up chasing attitude from John Renders.


Safe in the knowledge that their efforts were going down hill Nascot streamed forward. First another cracker from Sam Colbeck and then the first of the season for Michael Barrett saw worry from the home team. In the last minutes the St Albans defence had to clear three times from corners and good movement attacks. A wonder save from Alex Johnson kept the only attack from St Albans in the last few minutes at bay and Phil and Adnan shone well in holding out the attacks. Big Michael had gone close along with long range efforts from Sam Colbeck. Tom Martin also broke through only for a defender to tackle and deny him. 


The whistle disappointed the Nascot Players who given 2 more minutes would have drawn even at least. Progress on the field was made this evening and confidence is improving.


Match Report. Chorleywood blue 10 V Nascot wood rangers 1 14/9/03

Our second game of the season and again we were up against a first division side. We only had 11 players due to injuries and absences and of the 11 there were two carrying knocks.

We put in alot of effort, as we did last week but Chorleywood Blue showed their experience by scoring a couple of early goals. They have clearly played together a while and we expanded a lot of energy chasing their players. Our goalkeeper and man of the match was Alex Johnson who was safe and reliable all game, he tried to command the area, was alive to danger and cleared our lines on several occasions. We were six goals down by half time but it could have been more. The second half was much better as we closed there play a little quicker and tried to be a little more creative.  However we were clearly tiring due to good play by Chorleywood and the amount of chasing we were doing.  We did manage a goal in the second half when Tom Martin got clear on the right side of their box and hit a sweet shot into the opposite corner. 


Any thoughts of a miraculous comeback were short-lived as Chorleywood scored straight from the kick off. The final score was 10-1. It is a shame that our first 2 games have come up against very good first division sides and the lads should not let their heads drop as a result. 


We have another cup game on Wednesday in St Albans and for all the lads who only brought blades or boots PLEASE BRING ASTROTURF trainers. This will greatly reduce the amount of blisters you get!!!! 

7/9/03 Nascot Wood Rangers 2 V Omonia 12 (Challenge Cup)


A new season, new players and a new manager. Our first game put us up against a team from the first division. From the start it was clear that they had played together for a long time and for the first 15 minutes we were put under a lot of pressure and were quickly 3 goals down. The defence were put under a lot of pressure and our new goalkeeper Carl Heard performed well in his first game. Jamie Cooper who was our man of the match was superb, clearing two off the line in the first half and put in big tackles and blocks to try and stop the opposition. 


Only after this did we settle down a little bit and tried to play some better football. As the first half went on it was clear that Ominia were a class side and they showed this by adding another couple of goals but every Nascot player put in huge effort to try and get us in the game. A few minutes before half time we gained a free kick on the right hand side of the box, about 25 yards out. Sam Colbeck curled a free kick into the opposite corner of the net, the keeper could not get near it. It was a top drawer free kick. It was reward for the hard work that the lads had put in.

In the second half we played better and we tried to play some better football, we looked for our team mates more than we did in the first. However Omonia still showed the way and quickly scored another. John Renders who played up front put in a huge amount of work and showed a lot more willing in the second half and was rewarded with a goal after good battling work by himself and Michael Barrett who had come on as a sub. Unfortunately Omonia scored straight from their kick off and increased their already unassailable lead. Omonia scored a few more before the end and we lost the game 12-2. No-one likes to lose but we have had no friend lies and there are some new faces. In time players will gel together and coupled with hard work and a good attitude we should be OK.

All the lads should be pleased with the effort they put in. Looking forward to next week.


Lee Arnold - Manager U14's


Div 3 Teams


  • Sun Postal Blue

  • Southgate Adelaide

  • Berkhamsted Raiders Blue

  • Bovingdon Juniors

  • St Albans City South

  • Comets Sports Club

  • Moor Park

  • St Albans City North

  • Enfield Rangers

  • Herons Youth

  • Cassiobury Clarets


About Us

2002/03 ended on a disappointing note following the teams great start to the league, staying at the top of the division for 6 weeks. The 2001/02 season was the first 11 a side for the team and they did well, qualifying to play in Division 3 of the BFL. Their strong team spirit saw us come third in the Fair Play Award out of 54 teams. We finished a credible 8th. 

We  had a successful 2000/01 season. The team came third in the ICIS West Herts League, qualified for both the semi final of the League Cup and the Challenge Cup and were the winners of the inaugural Nascot Wood Challenge Trophy. The team was featured in the 2001 Watford FC Programme (20th February).

The team were winners of the BFL Spring Trophy (1998).

The home ground is Queens School, with training taking place at Westfield School Astro Turf, Section 3.

Please E-mail any queries to support@nwrfc.com