UNDER 15's

Sunday 14 September 2003 Nascot Wood Rangers Under 15's 5 - 0 E.D.R.S. Stonegrove Blue
League Cup 1st round
     Nascot's  second game of the season and first cup game saw them face a team 2 divisions lower than them. Nascot did not take think this would be a walkover knowing that Stonegrove's first team was very strong and physical. The first 15 minutes of the game saw Nsacot putting pressure on the Stongrove defence who responded well and did not let Nascot breakthrough and get the first goal, eventually though it came through Chris who buried a shot into the net. Moments later the ball had found the back of the net again as Andy Bignell's  turn and shot hit the roof of the net. Only once did Stonegrove cause a problem to Nascot but James,in goal was able to clear up. The first half ended as it started with Nascot playing some clever football but not really creating any chances.
    Nascot started off slowly in the second half and were giving the ball away to early,the play was all down the center of the pitch and the wings were not really being used as much as they could have,but the pace was picked up and after about 20 minutes a third goal was added when Miles managed to get on the end of a cross and poke the ball in. A oppositions linesman correctly spotted the ball had gone over the line after Andy Bisley got his head to an up and under. Ben Fas will be gutted that his free kick that he curled into the top corner from the edge of the box had to be retaken and this time he went for a different option but nothing was made of it.How ever Ben did get a goal to make it 5-0 after Andy Bignell fierce shot hit him on the head and bounce into the top corner.This was the end of the game and a overall deserved win for Nascot.
    By Matt Green


Sunday 21 September 

Nascot Wood Under 15's 0   V   0  E.D.R.S. Stonegrove Red

White Division


    A tough game for Nascot,both teams having limited chances and no one could break the deadlock.Both teams will be happy with this result.


Sunday 28 September

Nascot Wood Under 15's 1  V  2  Alexander Park South

Challenge Cup:Round 1

    A poor first half by Nascot and 2 mistakes cost them 2 goals.A better second half but chances created were not put away.Overall a poor display.




Sunday 5th October

Nascot Wood Under 15s  6   V  1  Oakhill Tigers

White Division

    A good game of football, Nascot playing ball through and running from deep to beat the Oakhill offside trap, the score does not reflect the amount of missed chance's by Nascot.


Sunday 12th October

Nascot Wood Under 15's  3   V   0   Oakhill Youth

County Cup:Round 2

    A demanding game for Nascot as the opposition were trying to intimidate Nascot and scare them from playing football,but Nascot stood up for themselves and managed to get themselves ahead.They held the lead well and managed to to get another 2 goals to cushion their lead.


Sunday 19th October

Nascot Wood Under 15's  1   V   5   Northwood

White Division

    Nascot injuries showed here as they started with 11 players then went down to 10 as Jamie Bishop fractured his wrist in a fall.After going down  couple of games Nascot were chasing the game and with 10 players they were caught out on the break several times.


Sunday 26th October

Nascot Wood Under 15's  1  V  9  Hemel Hempstead Blue

League Cup:Round 2

    Nascot had several players out for this game and started with 10 players.With 10 players this game was always going to be difficult and Nascot had to play 1 up front, had to try catch Hemel on the break.Unfortunately  Hemel  got ahead and with Nascot chasing Hemel got more,Nascot then went down to 9 men as Ben Fas re-injured his toe.Hemel got several more and Nascot could only mange 1 consolation goal near the end.


Sunday 2nd November

Nascot Wood Under 15's  6  v  5 Alexander Park North

White division


    Two goals for Park in the first  4 minutes had Nascot wondering if they had woken up yet.Thankfully they had and managed to pull it back to 2-2 with 2 goal from Matt Youngs within the first 10 minutes.Moments later though Nascot were trailing again.The wind and rain was proving a big factor as both teams found it hard to get a grip on the ball.A penalty was given to Nascot which one of their players didn't agree with and ended up getting sent off for arguing and swearing at the ref.The penalty was converted by Andy Bisley,making the score 3-3 at half time.                                                     Bisley got a second just after half time to put Nascot 4-3 . Nascot had started brightly in the second half and managed to get another to goal to give them a two goal cushion after Andy BIsleys strike.Alexander weren't giving up though as they managed to get a goal back to make the score 5-4.Nascot had a lot of possession but didn't really create to many chances, until Andy Bisly got his fourth goal of the day to restore a 2 goal lead again.Alexander were still pushing forward and looking for goals and they got 1 with 5 minutes to go.A nail biting finish saw Alexander push forward looking to equalize but Nascot held on for the win.


Please E-mail any queries to support@nwrfc.com